If you have a concern, please contact our safeguarding rep, Liz, at [email protected] or mobile phone: 07591509489
IF YOU NEED HELP NOW Call CHILDLINE ON 0800 1111
Or contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Hilary Highton - tel: 07495-060869 email: [email protected]
The following policy has been agreed and implemented by the PCC.
1. We are committed to safeguarding and the care of the children within our church community.
2. We are aware of and will implement the House of Bishops’ Child Protection Policy Protecting All God’s Children 4th edition (2010), A copy of this policy can be found on www.cofe-worcester.org.uk We work closely with the Bishops Safeguarding Adviser. .
3. We will ensure that lay ministers, volunteers and paid workers who work with children and vulnerable adults are carefully selected and trained using the safe recruitment process and Disclosure and Barring Service to check the background of each person as outlined in the diocesan procedures. The Diocese will do likewise in respect of ordained
4. We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that a child or young person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed or is in significant danger, reporting it to the relevant authority.
5. We will fully cooperate with statutory agencies during any investigation, into allegations concerning a member of the church community. We will inform the statutory agency of any suspected criminal offences or concerns that we are made aware of in respect of our contact with children.
6. We will offer informed pastoral care to any child, young person or adult survivor of abuse and provide details of local and national support agencies.
7. We will supervise any member of our church community known to have offended against a child or vulnerable adult and ensuring proper and appropriate preventative safeguards are in place using a written agreement.