Church of England Diocese of Winchester South Baddesley

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01590 683778

01590 673484

Getting here

St Mary's is a friendly, village church which seeks to serve the community and welcome all.  There are close links with the Village school.  

In 1858, the chapel was to become a parish church for the first time. By then Pylewell was the property of William Peere Williams-Freeman, who enlarged the chapel by adding a chancel and transepts to make the present cruciform shape, and endowed it as the parish church of South Baddesley, East End and Norley Wood.

The graveyard came into use when the ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1858. The earliest grave, to be found near the centre of the plot on the south side of the church, is that of Edmund Perkins, who was buried on the 20th July, 1859 by the first vicar, the Revd. Josiah Norton.

South Baddesly
South Baddesley
Lymington
SO41 5RP

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below