Church of England Diocese of Bath & Wells Babcary

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

(01458) 223449

01963 441604

Getting here

Holy Cross, Babcary is a typical rural medieval parish church set in the midst of this small Somerset village. A simple building made of local blue lias limestone with ham stone features and set in an attractive churchyard. Together with the Red Lion Inn it forms the heart of this unspoilt little village. The diarist Parson James Woodforde was curate here in 1765 and played the first recorded game of "Fives" against the church wall. The church was extended in 1867 by the addition of a north aisle designed by Benjamin Ferrey.

As part of the Six Pilgrims Benefice we have a full range of Services including Communion, Matins, Evensong and, on the first Sunday of the month, a Family Service. We have an active band of bell ringers.

Holy Cross
Church Street
Babcary
TA11 7DT

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below