We take the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults very seriously. Any concerns on these matters should be raised in the first instance with the Safeguarding Officer for the Camelot Parishes, Mrs Bethan Bullock, [email protected] or 01963 359066.
Alternatively if you have concerns about a child or young person you may contact Childline on 0800 1111. The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Glenys Armstrong, [email protected], tel 01749 685135 is also available for help and advice.
If necessary please report the matter to Somerset County Council Social Services, tel 0300 123 2224. If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the police by dialling 999.
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church and we support and uphold the key commitments of the House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults which are to:-
* Promote a safer environment and culture
* Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
* Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
* Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
* Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
* Respond to those that may pose a present risk
We have adopted a Safeguarding Policy in the Camelot Parishes based on the guidance provided by the Diocese of Bath and Wells. This can be downloaded below.
The following organisations are also available for contact as and when needed:
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Action on Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141