We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The Church of St Barnabas is situated in the village of Temple Cloud in Somerset. It forms part of the Parish of Clutton with Cameley that also includes the village of Clutton and the Cameley hamlet. The Parish is part of the Chew Magna Deanery in the Diocese of Bath & Wells. The Church sits in the centre of the village, just off the main A37.
The Church was designed b W D Caroe in 1920-2 and dedicated in 1926. The Church is not listed but the reredos and other carvings on the stalls and pulpit, together with the Arts and Crafts metal fittings, are of interest.
Past alterations to the interior of the Church have provided an open nave and both kitchen and toilet facilities. This enables the Church to be used for secular activities that create a bond with the local community. There are activities almost every evening in the week – such as Badgers, Beavers, Women’s Institute.
There is no churchyard associated with the building and burials take place at St Augustine’s in Clutton or at St James in Cameley. A number of baptisms and funerals take place each year. The current Rector also has responsibility for the Parishes of Stowey and Bishop Sutton but there is a service held at the Church every other Sunday as the Parish is fortunate to have an active group of Worship Leaders.
Temple Inn Lane
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below