SafeguardingThe care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.</div>
At St James's we are committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
The Parish Safeguarding officer is Jo Claridge
email: [email protected]
Telephone 01934 843014
The Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Glenys Armstrong
email [email protected]
Telephone 01749 685135