We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Our Church is a very small building known as a Chapel of Ease which was built in 1868 in Ham stone cut and squared,ashlar dressings with a plain clay tiled roof with bands of beaver-tail tiles, saw tooth ridge, and step coped end gables with cross finials. There are 4 hollow-chamfer mullioned windows, two to each flank wall, each with 3-lead lights. A simple porch on the east side of gothic revival and set above is a plain bell turret holding a single bell on a stepped coped gable. The interior is very simple, with arch-braced king post roof truss of 6 bays, simple pews and other fittings, including a C19 octagonal panelled stone font.
The Church is located on the outskirts of the tiny hamlet of Hewish near Crewkerne in the heart of farming countryside. It was in fact built originally as a school with services held at the weekends to enable the labour intensive farm workers to attend services whereas they would have had to walk 2 miles or so to the our mother Church of St Bartholomew in Crewkerne.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below