- for 1 hour
- Hatch Beauchamp Village Hall
A fresh new way of experiencing church for all ages.
9 Mar 2024, 4 p.m. for 1 hour
9 Mar 2024, 4 p.m. for 1 hour
We offer a warm welcome to you from our staff team, church wardens and all our parishioners. The seven rural parishes that comprise the Benefice are set in a wonderful part of Somerset, just south of Taunton. The Benefice has a number of very committed people who work hard to ensure the church is always open, even if our buildings are closed. We are committed to seeing God’s work grow and develop, both within the church and wider community. Each of the churches in the Seven Sowers Benefice provides a focus for Christian worship and outreach in that community.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God (Philippians 4:6)
Our Parish of Curry Mallet is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. The Benefice Safeguarding Office, Mrs Helen Hossell, should be contacted via email, [email protected] if you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm. If you have an immediate concern about the safety of someone, please contact the Police by calling 999.
The Benefice follows the National Church or England House of Bishops’ guidance and their policy, ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ which includes:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
In addition, each Parish will:
• Create a safe and caring place for all.
• Work with Helen Hossell our (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
• Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
• Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
• Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
• Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
• Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
• Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
• Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
• Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
• Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
• Each person who works within this church community must agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
Additional Safeguarding Contacts:
Diocesan Safeguarding Team's webpage:
Diocesan Safeguarding Manager - Ben Goodhind
Telephone 01749 588917 Email [email protected]
The Diocese of Bath &Wells has partnered with thirtyone:eight to offer out of hours safeguarding support. They operate from 17:00 to 09:00, Monday to Friday, 07:00 to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays, bank holidays and other absences. During these times you are advised to call 0303 003 1111 for any emergency safeguarding queries.