Our Church is dedicated to St. Margaret of Antioch and built of hard red sandstone in the Early English style.
It was restored and almost rebuilt in 1865 with the addition of a stained-glass East Window in 1908 donated by Mr.& Mrs Cross of Wellisford Manor.
The font - still in use - is Saxon and was rescued after being found discarded in the churchyard.
There is a brass effigy fixed to the west wall,of John Worth [circa 1610] also showing the Worth family coat of arms.
In pre-reformation days the Abbot of Glastonbury on his visits to Cothay Manor, would say Mass in the Church at Thorne.
The Church Register dates from 1715.