Church of England Diocese of Blackburn St. John Holme
St John the Divine
The Church of St John the Divine is in Burnley Road, Holme Chapel, a village in the civil parish of Cliviger, near Burnley, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the diocese of Blackburn, and the church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building. It was built between 1788 and 1794, replacing a small chapel, and is in simple Classical style. Above the west front is a bell turret with an octagonal cupola, and inside the church are carved oak stalls, moved from a demolished church, which include a poppyhead and misericords.