Church of England Diocese of Blackburn Rufford

About Us

We have been around for quite a while there was a church on this site at least as early as 1346! The delightful and ‘listed’ current building dates from 1869.

Our church hall is just across Church Road and is the venue for various events and activities for both the church and community.

One of our key aims is to make all feel welcome in worshipping God. The regular pattern of worship is supplemented by seasonal and special services through the year. Provision is made for all ages. Please see the links for details. Did we mention that all are welcome?!

We try to make a positive difference to both the local and the wider community. Our work with the local primary school, our support of the Foodbank  and our efforts to promote global fair trade are examples of how we try to make the world a little better.

Growing in faith individually and together is important to us. Young or old, an enquiring ‘interested party’ or a longstanding committed Christian, we seek to help all to grow in faith.

Who to contact. Our Rector is Canon Mark Soady (‘Father Mark’). Please see the ‘Get in touch’ page for his and other contact details. He writes:

For many years, we have served the people of Rufford and Tarleton and the surrounding area – after the model of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The website shows how we currently serve the community and a little about our history. It is not intended as a replacement for actually worshipping with us, which we hope you will want to do after exploring our website. At the heart of our mission and witness is the worship of God. In fulfilling the commandments of Jesus Christ, we seek to be a Eucharist-centred community where people of all ages are able to participate fully in the Body of Christ. Whether you are visiting our site as a fellow Christian, a historian, or for other reasons, the people of St Mary’s and Holy Trinity say welcome. Rev'd Canon Mark Soady SSC