About UsWelcome: Visitors are warmly welcomed at our beautiful Church,
which is situated in lovely countryside. Alongside is St John's
C of E School, where every child is special.
Sunday Service: usual time 10:00 - Communion or prayer and praise,
with refreshments after.
This Church has much of interest, not least the beautiful structure
and stained glass windows, the organ built by Wilkinson of Kendal
in 1888 and the carved choir screen.
Churches in a United Parish. The other 2 Parish Churches are
All Saints, Barnacre and St Peter's, Scorton. Our Diocese is the
Diocese of Blackburn.
We hold all kinds of events during the Church year, including a
number with the United Parish. For up-to-date information on
all of these, please request a weekly newsletter from the
Telephone: 01524 7912229
email: [email protected]
Church origins: The first curate in charge was the Rev. Thomas
Carter, who presided over the construction phase of the Church
and assisted at the consecration in August 1863.