St John's in Yealand Conyers was built in 1838 and enlarged in 1862 and 1882. Yealand became a parish in its own right in 1870.
There is a simple, uncluttered interior with a very good organ by Thorold and Smith. The church has been well cared for and has been substantially reordered over the last five years so it is more fit for purpose both for worship and to help serve the needs of the local community.
We are committed to being a “green” church, and the recent development has included fitting solar panels and an air source