A warm welcome to the Parish Church of the Holy Nativity, Knowle in Bristol
Our mission statement is to be 'Open to God, Open to one another, Open to the community'
We are a Church of England Parish of the Catholic tradition in the Diocese of Bristol.
Inside Holy Nativity you’ll find daily worship, a welcoming, family friendly and supportive community, and space for personal prayer and reflection.
With its distinctive green copper spire, the parish church of the Holy Nativity is visible from many places in Bristol. Just 15 minutes walk from Bristol Temple Meads railway station and located on the A37 Wells Road, the beautiful church of the Holy Nativity, Knowle was first consecrated in 1883 to serve the growing population of Knowle and Totterdown. This church was to replace the Chapel of the Holy Nativity, a plain structure of wood, that had been built previously in July 1865. During the first heavy Blitz on Bristol of the Second World War, the original church building was badly damaged. Rebuilding of the church was completed in 1958. Work was then undertaken in 2004 to completely redecorate the church. As part of this work, talented local artist Mike Long completed the stunning apse mural.
Fr Steven Hawkins was appointed Parish Priest in September 2017 and is assisted by retired priest Fr Paul Spilsbury. Ministry is also offered by our Licensed Lay Minister Mr Bob Dyer and our Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist to the sick, Mr Stephen Watts and Mrs Mary Goodfellow.
Our Current Parish Leadership Team are:
Priest in Charge: The Revd Steven Hawkins
Church Wardens: Mr Philip Goodfellow and Mr Trevor King
PCC Secretary: Mrs Kathy Gibbs
PCC Treasurer: Mr Gordon Baker
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Mrs Mary Goodfellow
Deanery Synod Representative: Mr Steven Watts
Other Elected PCC Members: Maureen Baker, Bob Bartlett John Chamberlain, Bob Dyer, Nick Gibbs, Wendy King.
In March 2016, Holy Nativity PCC passed a motion under the House of Bishops' Declaration on the Ministry of Priests and Bishops.