Originally part of the parish of Shirehampton, Avonmouth became a parish in its own right in 1893, when the church of St Andrew was built (althouth not completed until 1934). Sadly the church building was severely damaged by a fire bomb in 1941. The building was repaired and then reconsecrated in 1957. Some of the items in the church, including the font and pulpit, came from the bomb damaged church of St Raphael's in Bedminster. The church contains memorials relating to both the first and second world wars.
The parish became a joint benefice with St Peter's, Lawrence Weston, in 1999.
The church building and hall have not aged well, and so we are embarking on a major project to renovate the church building and create new community facilities. Have a look at our website for more information: http://standrews-stpeters.org