Safeguarding of Adults and Children
Summary of the Safeguarding Policy for this Church:
● We are committed to respectful pastoral ministry to all adults within
our church community.
● We are committed, within our church community, to the safeguarding
and protection of vulnerable people.
● We will carefully select and train all those with any pastoral
responsibility within the Church, including the use of Criminal Records
Bureau disclosures where legal or appropriate.
● We will respond without delay to any complaint made that an adult for
whom we were responsible has been harmed, cooperating with police
and the local authority in any investigation.
● We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to anyone who has
suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate healing ministry.
● We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
● We will care for and supervise any member of our church community
known to have offended against a vulnerable person.
Parish Safeguarding Officer - Peter Swain - [email protected] - 01303 840408
Churchwardens - Peter Swain - [email protected] - 01303 840408 and Graham Ernest-Jones - [email protected] - 01303 840645
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services.
Social Services: www.kent.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/report-abuse
NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
The National Safeguarding Team: [email protected]
Contact your local Diocesan Safeguarding Team
For Further assistance go to : https://www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding/promoting-safer-church-safeguarding