St Mary & St Eanswythe
The church was consecrated on 12th September 1138.
It houses the relics of Folkstone's Patron Saint, St Eanswythe, an Anglo-Saxon princess who established a nunnery on a site near the current church in 630 AD. She died c 640 AD.
Her reliquary was moved to what is now the chancel of the present church on 12 September 1138.