We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The parish of Frinsted is part of the benefice of Tunstall with Bredgar.
The benefice consists of six parishes - Tunstall, Bredgar with Bicknor, Frinsted, Milstead, Rodmersham and Wormshill.
Frinsted is an isolated village set in lovely wooded country, high on the North Downs. This gives a lovely, tranquil setting for the church, which is dedicated to St. Dunstan, although an early-19th century watercolour records it as dedicated to All Saints. Although it has Norman origins, the church as it stands today was constructed principally in the 12th century. The bell tower is typical of the perpendicular Period. It was pleasantly restored in 1868 by the celebrated Victorian architect Gilbert Scott.
Two German airmen, shot down near the village in May 1918, are buried in the churchyard.
There is a very nice ring of 6 bells at St. Dunstans, with an enthusiastic local band practising on Mondays at 20:00.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below