About Us

Built in 1856 for a growing population for the workers in the lead and barytes mining industries as well as the farming communities. Before this everyone had to travel to St Michael's, Bongate, Appleby - a round distance of some 9 miles - particularly difficult in the winter months. Architect: George Robinson of Appleby. Chief features: a three-decker pulpit: the original oil lamps; an early Casson organ.