About Us

The current church replaces one from a much earlier date but of which little is known, other than the name of the incumbent in 1294 was Rector Gilbert de Mancheton.  In 1702 Bishop Nicholson commented on the poor condition of the Church which had no glass in the window, no flooring and no seats.  Happily the new church which was consecrated on 28th April 1831 is in fine condition.