Visit our website www.standrewspenrith.org.uk to contact the church or find information
<span style="font-size: 1rem;">About Us</span>
As one of Penrith's churches and notable landmarks the Parish Church of Saint Andrew nestles at the heart of the historic red sandstone market town of Penrith on the edge of the Cumbrian Lake District and Eden Valley. It's tall medieval tower - built to defend the townspeople from Scottish raiders - is prominent from many locations around the town. The church community at St. Andrew's is a friendly and inclusive family of all ages which aims to build God's kingdom as the Body of Christ at the heart of the town of Penrith.
The Parish Church of St. Andrew's is a large and handsome Georgian building built in the years 1720 and 1722. The tower is all that remains from the original 13th Century church.
St. Andrew's is the ancient Parish Church of the historic market town of Penrith and the largest of four churches in the Penrith Team Ministry. Christ Church, Penrith; St. John, Newton Reigny; and St. John the Evangelist, Plumpton Wall.
You are most welcome to visit St. Andrew's and join us for worship at any of our services. All our services include the ministry of the word and centre on the Lord's Supper (Holy Communion). The church is open to receive visitors during the week.
Registered Charity No. 1130727