The current building was completed in 1874. It was designed by Paley and Austin and won a prize in a competition to design a church suitable for an alpine area and is graded as a 2* building. A lych gate was added in 1914. The parish clock, made by Potts of Leeds, is situated in the tower and was installed in 1918 as a monument to the fallen of the parish. It was renovated and electrified by public subscription in 2005. A set of ten tubular bells is housed in the tower and these were restored and electrified in 2011. We believe they are currently the only set of working bells in the Carlisle Diocese.
Please contact Sue Potts Churchwarden, at [email protected] or by telephone 015395 31735