We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St Anne’s Chapel was built in 1824/25. It was originally a Chapel of Ease under Colton and without a legally defined district. In 1866 when the then incumbent of Colton resigned, the chapel became the Parish Church for Haverthwaite.
The church has one stained glass window – the East window – of ‘The Empty Tomb’ by an unknown artist.
We also offer for hire our centrally heated Church Hall. This is a separate building has a capacity of xx in meeting room format (tables available) or is suitable for more inimate functions of around 30-40 people. We regularly host coffee mornings and community events such as Easter Crafts (pics needed). The building has ramped access and a fully fitted kitchen.
We are one of three churches in the Leven Valley that share a minister. Our sister churches are St Peter at Finsthwaite and St Mary at Staveley-in-Cartmel. As well as holding our own regular Sunday services in our own churches, we each, once a month on rotation, host a joint service where members of each of the three churches and visitors get to join with each other in worship. Please see the calendar for details of the services and their location.
Barrow Old Road
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below