St. Mark's is a single Church Parish. It is one of nine Church of England Churches, grouped into six parishes/Team Ministries within the Barrow Deanery and has a worshipping congregation averaging over 80 people at Morning Services and 20 at Evening Services. The Church itself is situated in Barrow's town centre and the parish encompasses around 1,800 homes along with half of the town centre shops and offices. It is predominantly a working class parish with a wide mix of ages. Built in 1878 to serve the expanding population of the Town, it remains focused on declaring the love of God for all and seeking ways in which this truth can be received and realised by those in our community.
We have in recent years been reclaiming our community roots, which stretch back over 139 years of worship, witness and work, in our Parish and in the town at large.