The present building dates from 1854, having been rebuilt after a fire.
Of particular note is the stained glass, with the East Window dedicated to the memory of William Wordsworth. He, and his sister Dorothy, were baptized in the previous church to have stood on the same site. In the closed church yard there are headstones in memory of John Wordsworth (William's father) and Fearon Fallows (Astronomer Royal).
Our worship is fairly traditional in style, but we are known for our informality and friendly welcome. Not to mention our cake, which often follows our morning service! Children have their own activity on the 4th Sunday of the month.
Currently, we are reviewing our mission and envisage a major building project which would reflect our intention of making the building available for a wide variety of uses from small-group meetings to concerts and exhibitions.