St James' Church
Ireby has one church in regular use – St James – but also has the ruins of an earlier church (q.v.)
St James, pictured left Grid Ref: 89/238393 was built in 1845-6 to replace the Old Church which was deemed to be to isolated from Ireby village. Guide book tells interesting story surrounding the Elizabethan ‘Ireby’ chalice.
The Church is OPEN all day
Ireby Old Chancel
Built in 1170 but demolished, except for the Chancel, in 1845-6.
Car parking awkward. Access across a field.
OPEN: All day