Built as a daughter church to St. Mary's Thornthwaite. St. Herbert's (named after the local hermit saint who lived on an island on Derwent Water. He was also a friend of St. Cuthbert)was built in 1900 and a useful hall with kitchen was built on in 1980. At the heart of the village community and next to the Church of England Primary School.
Services are currently held on the 1st, 3rd, 4th & 5th Sundays of the month. Services are held at St. Mary's Thornthwaite on 2nd Sunday of month. All usually at 10.15 a.m.