We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Allhallows has one church in regular use – All Saints – but also has the ruins of an earlier church.
All Saints is a spacious, light, functional church built in 1899 from local pink sandstone quarried from the adjacent field (now filled in).
The Church is OPEN: at weekends - Keys on request: 016973 71541
Dates from the 12th century, renovated in 1861 but now in ruins after the nave, south aisle and porch were demolished in 1935. The remaining part acts as a mortuary chapel for the Moore family. Originally a chapelry within Aspatria parish and known as the Chapelry of Ukmanby. Notable vicar was Revd John Wordsworth, grandson of William Wordsworth, who in 1895 decided that a larger church was needed to meet the demands of an expanding population.
The old Church is CLOSED- Keys on request: 016973 71541
B5299 near Fletchertown, Allhallows
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below