Set in an idyllic setting on the banks of the River Derwent half a mile from the rural village of Camerton. The church is surrounded on three sides by the river and on the other side by farmland. Access is across a road through the fields. There is car parking available at the church but unfortunately due to its location there are no toilet facilities.
There can be no doubt that Camerton Church played an important part in the religious life of the surrounding area in about the 11th century and is one of the oldest parishes in the Diocese of Carlisle. The church building has been re-built at least twice in 1663 and again in 1794, being restored in 1885 and 1892. For a considerable time after building the churchyard at Camerton was the burial place for Workington and Flimby as well as Camerton and Seaton.