St Michael's began life as a WW1 army hut, and has been lovingly cared for over the years. It is now approaching the end of its life, and we are preparing to build a suitable replacement. For more information, see the parish website at www.stpeters-st,michaels.co.uk and follow the link to St Michael's.
St Michaels old church was duly demolised and a brand new Scandanvian Wooden Church hs been buitl on the site. the Church was Consecrated in Dcember 2012, and is well worth a visit from you.
St. Michael’s and All Angels’ Church is in St. Michael’s Road, Daws Heath and is surrounded by Green Belt land and central to the village of Daws Heath. The church owns its field and this forms part of the Essex Wildlife Trust’s “Belfairs & Daws Heath Living Landscape” area with many inter-linked woodland walks. It’s in a beautifully quiet and restful place.
In late 2012 we had to build a replacement church as the first-ever 1921 church was falling down. The new church is made of Finnish pine, to our own design and it sits wonderfully in the corner of its field surrounded by towering oak trees. The new church was built with the love and support of the local residents. We have a Sunday Holy Communion service at 9:30am and a monthly 9:30am Wednesday service. The new building has an integral Community Room which we use for Coffee Mornings and is used by local groups. We also have a separate on-site Church Hall which is used almost full-time by local groups.