Christ Church has been used continually for worship since 1849. It was extended in Victorian times, given a new roof in 1992 and had its imposing spire rebuilt after storm damage on Christmas Eve 1997.
But more than a building, it forms the focus for the parish, and our worship Sunday by Sunday. We aim to be a worshipping community faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ. We want to spread the gospel and make disciples. We want to be a community that cares; concerned for those who live around us and around the globe.
We have parish rooms ‘downstairs’ entered from Bessborough Road, used regularly for both church and community activities.