The village of Pulford lies in the County of Cheshire. It is situated on the B5445 road, to the south west of Chester, and on the border with Wales - in fact, the churchyard wall sits almost on the border! It is believed that the name of the village is derived from the Welsh words “Pwll” (marsh) and “Ffordd” (road). The population of Pulford, Poulton and Cuckoo’s Nest is around 550. The population of the whole parish is around 800.
Pulford Parish Church is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The church was rebuilt in 1884, to a design by the local Chester architect, John Douglas, the benefactor being the 1st Duke of Westminster. Mention of a church on the site, however, can be traced back to the 12th century.
We share our ministry and our Parish priest and Readers with St Mary's Eccleston up the road - two Churches and one Parish -and are currently (May 2021 -as we emerge from Lockdown) sharing United Services at 10.30am on Sundays, alternating between the two Churches. You can find details on the Church notice-boards - the e-bulletin (see 'News and Notices') - or by contacting [email protected]
In the Parish we have a thriving Messy Church community and All Age congregation - these will shortly be restarting after Lockdown We also have a Church School at Eccleston.