The Parish of St James with Emmanuel is a Parish made up of two Anglican churches that serve New Brighton. Our churches are united in prayer, worship, community care and outreach. Together, we desire to see people come to faith in God the Father who loves us, through his Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ and welcome new people to both our churches. We also try to reflect God's love and values in service to our community.
St James church is a Grade 2 listed building of significant size with many beautiful and interesting features. It was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott and consecrated on 10 July 1856. We have a notable organ and are led in our worship by a robed choir. In the 1980s, some of the pews were removed in our church to create space for a large narthex, kitchen and toilets. Community groups can hire this space.
All Age Worship takes place on the first Sunday of the month and children can take part in activities at their Mustard Seeds group during the other 11am services. We support Children receiving Holy Communion within Chester Diocesan Guidelines.