We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
We are one of several Church of England Churches in the area
with a Parish stretching alongside the Bridgewater Canal.
The Parish came into life on 7th August 1881 when the first
services were held in St Ann's Mission Hall, Cambridge Street
and on the same day subscriptions towards a permanent church
were invited. The first sod for the new Church was cut on 25th
March 1882 with the foundation stone being laid in the
following July. The new Church was opened on 30th June 1883
but the tower was not added until twenty years later.
The Tower was recently renovated at a cost of over £40,000. The
Bells are now working and were rung before the 1999
Candlelight Carol Service and rang in the new millenium at
Midday on January 1st 2000.
Since then major work has been completed to provide
wheelchair access and new toilet and baby-changing facilities.
For more detailed information on services and photos of various
Church events over the years see our website.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below