Sutton St James Anglican Church has been at the heart of the village of Sutton since its dedication in 1840.
We are a group of committed Christians from all walks of life who enjoy gathering together to meet with each other, but especially to meet with God as revealed in Jesus Christ. The ministry of the church is shared throughout the community where, prayerfully, there is as much faith being shared outside the building as there is within. We have children's activities and a variety of groups.
But it is far more than simply a building. Our hope and aim is that St James is a place for spiritual refreshment where the presence of God is always felt and to proclaim the risen Christ. Whatever you background, tradition or origin, there will always be a very warm welcome.
St James is now part of a Benefice that also includes St Michael, Wincle, St Saviour, Wildboarclough and St Mary the Virgin, Bosley in the Deanery of Macclesfield. The Benefice web site is http://www.peakparishes.org.uk/
Our vicar is Rev'd Dr John Harries. We are waiting for our new curate, Steph Morris, to start in July.