Getting Married at St Mary's
Why get married in Church?
A marriage service, wherever it is held, is a public declaration of love and commitment to your partner. If you choose to get married in church, there is an added dimension - the assurance that God cares about your relationship and that his resources and strength are available to you. That doesn’t mean that you will avoid completely the usual ups and downs of married life, but you will know that you can look to God for help and guidance and that his love will sustain you. You will also have the support of your Church Family.
Can I get married at St Mary's?
In order to qualify to get married here you either need to be resident in the Parish (click here to check if you live in the Parish) or one of you needs to fulfil at least one of the criteria below:* one of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish
* one of you has lived in the parish for six months or more
* one of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more
* one of your parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in your lifetime
* one of your parents has regularly attended public worship here for six months or more in your lifetime
* your parents or grandparents were married in the parish
* one of you is on the Electoral Roll of the Parish (you can join this after attending this church for 6 months)
(All of these refer to Church of England services)
When can I get married at St Mary's?
We conduct weddings on most days of the year between 11am & 4pm with the following exceptions:
We do not conduct weddings* on a Sunday
* on the 3rd Saturday of June (Wistaston Village Fete!)
* on a Bank Holiday
* on Good Friday, Easter Saturday or Easter Monday
* on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Eve
Wedding enquiries for any date after the 3rd Sunday of December, except those mentioned above, would be considered, but as this is an extremely busy time in the life of the church, priority would be given to church events and requests would be looked at on an individual basis.
If you choose a weekday for your wedding please note that we cannot always guarantee a Choir or Bell Ringers - but we would try our best.
For more information, including current fees, please go to our main website using the link below.