We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The Estate that was to become Earlsdon was established on the outskirts of Coventry in 1852. Originally part of the Parish of St. Thomas. a small Mission Church , dedicated to St. Barbara was established in Earlsdon in 1913. In 1922 Earlsdon became the independent Parish of St. Barbara in the Diocese of Coventry. To cater for a growing parish the present church was built..
The builders, Messrs Harris and Son of Coventry then moved in and started work. Exactly a year later all was ready for the laying of the Foundation Stone in 1930. This ceremony took place on the 28th September, 1930, with Sir Alfred Herbert laying the stone and the whole project being blessed by the Bishop of Coventry, Dr Lisle Carr. Sir Alfred at the same time laid the foundation stone for the Lady Chapel which he was endowing in memory of his beloved wife Florence who had died in the previous June
Beechwood Ave/Rochester Rd
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below