St Mary & St John, Camp Hill is a Traditional Anglo-Catholic parish to the North-West of Nuneaton in the Diocese of Coventry. Our Parish Mass begins at 10.30am each Sunday and is celebrated in the Modern Rite. Most weeks there is a daily Mass which is celebrated downstairs in the Chapel of St Martha (times vary depending on the day - please see our Facebook page, website, or notice board for Mass times) and each Saturday at 8.30am we gather to pray the Litany of the Sacred Heart which is followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.
The parish was carved out of the neighbouring parish of St Mary the Virgin, Nuneaton (the Abbey Church) after Fr Dennis Sneath (then Curate at the Abbey Church) established a Mission Church on the new estate in 1954. Mass was celebrated initially in the builders' hut before a dual puropse Church and Community Hall was built in 1957. Our current church building was completed in 1967 after funds were raised by the residents and businesses of Camp Hill. Fr Dennis served Camp Hill until 2013 and a memorial was placed in the church in 2016 and blessed by Jonathan, Bishop of Ebbsfleet on Laudete Sunday. On 9th September 2017 we were joined by the Mayor and Mayoress, our MP, councillors, and some two-hundred others to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Dedication and Consecration of the Parish Church with a Mass, Messy Church, and community lunch.
Our Church Hall, situated right next to the church in the heart of Camp Hill and with an adjacent public car park, has recently been redecorated and is available for hire.
The Parish is served by priests who are members of both the Society (under the patronage of St Wilfrid & St Hilda) and the Society of the Holy Cross (SSC); we have passed the Resolution, and the church is under the Episcopal Oversight of the Bishop of Ebbsfleet.
All are most welcome to join us for any of our services or functions. These are exciting times for St Mary & St John, Camp Hill - come and be a part of it!