A warm welcome awaits you at our beautiful medieval church.
FOR A QUICK OVERVIEW OF SERVICES AND OTHER EVENTS, PLEASE CLICK THE "Current Services in our Benefice" LINK IN PANEL ON THE LEFT.
We take the safeguarding of children, young people and the vulnerable very seriously. The Diocesan 24 hour safeguarding contact number is 024 7652 1345.
United Benefice of Baginton, Bubbenhall,
Diocese of Coventry
As part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, we are committed to protect and care for everyone in the church community, but especially adults at risk and children.
We are committed to:
• • The care of, the nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with all children and adults.
• • The safeguarding and protection of all children and adults.
• • The establishing of a safe, caring community which provides a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse.
To this end we will:
• • Carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within the church, in line with the Church of England’s Practice Guidance for Safer Recruitment.
• • Respond without delay to every complaint made that a child or adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
• • Seek to offer informed pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have been abused, including their feelings of alienation and/or isolation.
• • Seek to protect survivors of abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse.
• • Seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of respect and responsibility, where they are trusted by others.
• • Seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child or adult.
In all of the above:
• • We will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.
• • We will monitor and regularly review our safeguarding procedures.
If you have any safeguarding concerns, please contact…
The Diocesan 24 hour safeguarding contact number is 024 7652 1345.
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Carol Clarke 07907 627052 or [email protected]fe.org
For more information about safeguarding…
Please contact either of the above people, or visit www.dioceseofcoventry.org.uk/safeguarding