Facilities and features


New toilets were opened in 2019

Part of the new facilities in 2019

Car parking is available on the roadside (limited) and in the public square. Additional car parking is in the 2 council run car parks: by the roundabout and behind the Fire Station.

Part of the new facilities in 2019

There are no steps or ramps between the church path and the Nave.


Please request Large Print if this would assist you

Our Building

Grade II
The medieval church building is thought to date from sometime in the 13th century, the first named incumbent is recorded in 1206 (but there is a 75-year gap to the next). The church sits upon the highest ground in the centre of the village giving unimpeded views across the flood meadows to the South of the river. By the start of the 19th Century there was a square tower and a long narrow nave and chancel. The roofline of which can still be seen today on the side of the tower. However, most of the present building is by Joseph Lattimore of Stratford dating from 1835. He kept the earlier tower and chancel and replaced the nave with the (almost square) late Georgian structure we have today giving it large plain glass windows permitting an abundance of natural light.
There is a peal of 8 bells in the tower, 6 dating from 1791, with 2 added in 1954. The clock dates from 1683 and was rebuilt in 1887.

Music and Worship

Bell Ringing
Concerts / Live Music

Groups, Courses and Activities

Help for Visitors

Guidebooks / Notes

Other Features

Conservation Area
Hall for Hire