The first rector of the parish of Halford is recorded as being inducted in 1150, but there was probably a church on the site before that.
St. Mary’s is now part of the Stourdene Benefice group of churches, whose vicar is Rev. Sharon Goble.
In normal times a service is held in the church every Sunday, apart from the 5th Sunday which is a joint Benefice service.
The church wardens are Roger Pringle and Mark Arthur.
We have a small but dedicated congregation, and our worship pattern consists of Holy Communion most Sundays, with a lay-led Service of the Word once a month.
All are welcome to join us in our worship.