Stretton's 'church' history goes back to Saxon times, although our current building is from 1841. <span style="font-size: 1rem;">Stretton on Fosse St Peter</span>
The parish church of ST. PETER, rebuilt (fn. 88) and enlarged in 1841, consists of a chancel with a south vestry, nave (50 ft. long), and a west porch and bell-turret. No ancient architectural features remain.
The small chancel has a traceried east window of four lights; the nave, divided by buttresses into four bays, has a two-light window in each bay in the north and south walls. The entrance is at the west end from a porch that is flanked by a small north chamber and a south staircase to a gallery. Over the porch is an octagonal bell-turret lighted by windows in gables, the whole crowned by a small stone spire. The walls are of ashlar, the roofs covered with slates.
On the west wall of the small north-west chamber is a plain black oval tablet to Edward Gibbs 1699 and Elizabeth his widow 1713. All the fittings and furniture are modern.
The registers begin in 1538