We are a Anglican Evangelical church established in 1873 and part of the Church of England. We enjoy the independence of “proprietary chapel” status. Effectively this means we are an Anglican congregation but without a parish. Our Minister is ordained in the Church of England and licensed by the Bishop of Derby.
We are primarily concerned with biblical, evangelical Christianity. We hold to the historic creeds, the Reformed doctrine of the 39 Articles (the doctrinal basis of the Church of England) and the Anglican understanding that ordained leaders of local congregations are to be pastor teachers of the Bible. However we recognise the need for continual spiritual reformation under the Word of God and commit ourselves to that.
We are very much a family friendly church with several groups running for children during our morning services as well as various children's and youth groups running throughout the week.