We would like to extend a very warm welcome from all at Holy Trinity Church, Mapperley. Mapperley is a small village near Ilkeston, Derbyshire and adjacent to the villages of West Hallam and Stanley Common.
The original Church of the Holy Trinity was built in 1865, but was badly affected by subsidence from the local coal mines and closed for rebuilding in 1964. The National Coal Board agreed to finance a new church, which had to be designed to withstand any further subsidence. It was built on a concrete raft, with large A-framed beams as the main church support, giving it a modern triangular appearance, re-opening in 1966.
Although we are a relatively small congregation, what we lack in numbers is more than made up in our enthusiasm and joyful worship. We are fortunate to have a magnificent view of the local countryside through the windows of the church, a constant reminder of the wonderful gifts that God has provided.
We are part of a covenant of five churches in our area.
For more information on our church, our services and our community, please visit our website.