Ticknall Parish Church
The Parish Church of St George in Ticknall is an example of the work of Derby architect Henry Isaac Stevens and was built to replace the old church dedicated to St Thomas Becket. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Hereford Rt. Revd. Thomas Musgrave on 6 October 1842. Remnants of the previous church stand in the churchyard, along with a simple medieval cross. The church contains a pipe organ by J.W. Walker dating from 1869. As a church family everyone is assured of a warm welcome at any of our services and community events.
Get in touch
Rev. Steve Short
"Our parish of Ticknall: St George is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Derby’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm. please contact the PSO Mrs. Susan Brown or the Rector- Rev. Steve Short or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor on 01332 388678 or contact the Police or Children or adult social care services."