We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St. Catherine's is a small Anglican church in the small ex-mining community of New Brancepeth.
The church plays an important part in the life of the village with regular Sunday and weekday worship and links with the Primary school, especially through Open the Book. We provide a place for worship and the ongoing need for baptisms, weddings and funeral services.
We also provide a place for village social events and try to hold a monthly event to give the community a chance get together socially.
Some events are for fundraising purposes to raise funds for vital repairs and the general upkeep of the building and grounds.
The church has a Safeguarding policy which was introduced in 2015.
Holy Eucharist is held on Sundays at 08:45 and Thursdays at 09:30, In summer, the Eucharist is occasionally at 6pm
There is an Evensong service on the last Sunday of the month at 6pm. Evensong is held between April and September.
History - The church was originally the Mission Hall and was licensed to be used as a church on 15 October 1942. This was because the original church was destroyed by fire on 4th July 1942. The original St. Catherine's church had been dedicated on 11th September, 1890 by the Bishop of Durham, Brooke Foss Westcott.The church was dedicated on September 11th 1890 by Bishop Westcott
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below