St Cuthbert’s C of E church lies between North Road and Framwellgate Peth surrounded by a large
burial ground, which contains war graves as well as the tomb of William Lloyd Wharton founder of
nearby Wharton Park.
The church was completed in 1863 and its exterior shows French influence built of grey sandstone
and grey slates, and with a large south facing roof .
At its entrance there is a Lych Gate ,unveiled in 1921 as a First World War memorial.
The church is a welcoming, friendly place of worship and its interior
Reveals some magnificent stained glass windows. The attached community room on the North side
is a social space,used by both community and church members.