The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. We are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture;
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults;
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation;
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons;
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons;
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
- Parish Safeguarding Officer: Liz Masshedar; 07702 999 821; emasshedar [at] yahoo.com
- Parish Priest: Fr Kyle McNeil; 0191 586 0606; fr.kyle.mcneil [at] icloud.com
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Beth Miller; 07968 034 075; beth [at] bethmillerisw.co.uk
If there is immediate risk or danger, please contact the Police on 999.
The parish's local safeguarding policy, in its latest edition, is attached below.