Consecrated in 1904 and in the Perpendicular style, St. Oswalds's has a fine interior, including wood work by Ralph Headley and his workshop, a four manual Hope-Jones organ, a ten peal of bells by Warners of Stockton and stained glass by Leonard Evetts. It is a large Edwardian church which serves the Dyke House area of Hartlepool. Our main Sunday service is at 9.30am.
We are in the catholic tradition and have a strong community presence, where we work in partnership with local people. We value our schools and our interfaith friendship with the local mosque. We welcome all people, whoever they may be, to come and worship with us and join our church family. Currently we are in the process of planning a restoration of the church, to preserve its heritage and to broaden its use.