The church stands on the village green and is a Grade II listed building which dates back to 1145 A.D. The church was extended with a North Aisle and Vestry in the late 19th century. One notable feature is the `keyhole' arch which separates the nave for the chancel. Under the chancel floor is a family vault. Booklets about this and another booklet giving a more detailed history of the church are available in church. There is normally a Flower Festival on the weekend nearest to the patronal festival, 22nd July.
Bookings for Baptisms and Weddings
To enquire about baptisms and weddings, please come along to our vestry hour, from 5.30pm -6.30pm on Wednesdays. This will alternate between St Edmund’s in Sedgefield and St Mary Magdalene’s in Trimdon Village.
E mail [email protected]